4th April, 2019
RE: END TERM I 2019 NEWSLETTER
We thank God for this far He has brought us.
Kindly take note of the following: -
- Term Dates: -
- School closes today 4th April 2019 at 11.30a.m.
- School opens on the 2nd of May 2019 as follows: -
- Form 4 00 a.m. – 10.00a.m.
- Form 3 00 a.m. – 12.00 noon
- Form 2 000 noon – 2.00 p.m.
- Form 1 00 p.m. – 4.00 p.m.
You are reminded that you will only be served as above, any late comers will be served after clearing the other classes.
- Fun day is on 1st June 2019
- Prize Giving & Speech day is on 8th June 2019
- Mid- term will be on 8th to 16th June 2019.
- School closes on 1st of August for Holiday
- Academic Clinics –will be as follows: -
- Form 4 Wednesday 15th May 2019 00a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
- Form 3 Friday 17th May 2019 00a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
- Form 2 Tuesday 21st May 2019 00a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
- Form 1 Thursday 23rd May 2019 00a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
- Discipline – We have handled quite a number of cases. You are requested to talk to your daughter/ward to adhere to the school rules and regulations at all times. We appreciate those who have supported the school to maintain discipline.
- School Uniform – You are reminded once again that the students are expected to be in full school uniform at all times when in school.
Confirm that they have well fitting skirts and trousers. Those that have outgrown their uniform are asked to replace, arrangements have been made to avail uniforms on opening day incase you need to buy. Only the school colour T-shirts with logo are allowed.
- Performance – The students have done all exams as per school policy and have their report forms. You are encouraged to discuss their performance and encourage your daughter to do her best in all subjects. Those in the students’ council attended a symposium on leadership and we encourage you to continue guiding them.
- Co-curriculum activities – We encourage all students to discover their talents. The following activities were held this term: -
- Athletics - went up to county level
- Swimming - went up to county level
- Basketball - Still ongoing
- Kenya Science Fair and engineering - went up to county level
- Drama - went up to county level
- Research club - Proceeding to national
- Music Festivals will be next term and the teams are preparing.
- John’s Ambulance club has its activities during the holidays co-ordinated by the headquarters. Parents are requested to organize and facilitate
NOTE: It is not a school activity.
- School fees – Let me appreciate those who have made an effort and have cleared their fees. You are reminded that no student will be allowed in school without paying fees. Payment should be made on or before opening day.
- Fundraising for dormitory construction – As we are all aware this project is yet to kick off. Our girls are still congested and the Parents Association committee has requested that those who have not cleared their pledges should do so as agreed during the Annual General Meeting (A.G.M).
The harambee date will be communicated in due course.
- Pastoral Activities – The school has the pastoral programmes that are co-ordinated by the Arch-diocese of Nairobi. The students attend mass every Thursday and Sunday. There is catechism for those girls whose parents have given consent. The Y.C.S, C.U, S.D.A, I.R. societies and clubs programmes are actively going on.
Each student has been attached to a teacher for mentorship and guidance.
NOTE: No student will be allowed to change her faith except with the consent of the parents in writing.
Finally may we wish you a happy and blessed Easter holiday
Mrs. J. K. Kiruja